Display mode problem

Hi there,

Something strange happened to my Discrete DAC’s display mode in these few days.

I always keep it as Auto Off; but since last week, the display mode occasionally switch to Always On while playing music. No one touched the DAC or the remote; it just happened by itself.

I have the firmware 28.14 for quite a while; such problem never happened until last week.

Today, I have updated the firmware to 29.14, but the same problem happened again.

Any solutions?

Whoa, weird. @Jonathan_Gullman will have to take a look and see how that could have happened. We will keep you posted and may ask you to test some new code if we find something! Thanks @Raphael

1 Like

Where, might I ask did you get 29.14 ?

Beta program.

I’m not having issues with 29.14 on my Premier DAC+DD. I had one isolated instance of a DSD file not playing, but that was not repeatable, and only once.

Yes, the problem I encountered happened when I got both 28.14 and 29.14.

29.14??

Where??

@Jonathan_Gullman unofficially released it to a few people to see if it would help clear up some of the issues they were experiencing, but it has not been uploaded to the site. I will see about getting it uploaded to the website today.

Thank you. Is the uodate also concerning Premier?

tis 22 sep. 2026 kl. 20:56 skrev Kevin Turnquist <notifications@msbtechnology.discoursemail.com>:

Yes. This update is for stability and Renderer Playback improvements. It is for the Discrete and Premier series as well as ALL digital directors. The Digital Director firmware is currently published and available on the appropriate support pages. 29.14 Discrete and Premier firmware will be live in about 20 minutes.

Thank you once again :blush:

tis 22 sep. 2026 kl. 21:26 skrev Kevin Turnquist <notifications@msbtechnology.discoursemail.com>:

1 Like