Joe’s Room

I’m doing a demo of the MSB Cascade. So far it’s been a treat. The remainder of our system:

Speakers: Magico M3s w/ MPODs

Amps: Vitus Signature SM-103 Monos

Line Stage: Vitus MP-L201 Mk.II

Phono:

TT: TechDas Air Force One

Tonearms: 2 x SME 3012-R (RCA)

Carts: Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature

Phono Stage: Vitus MP-201 MK.III

DS Audio ION-001

Digital:

Vitus MP-D201 Mk.III DAC

Vitus MP-T201 MK.II CD Transport

Pink Faun 2.16 Ultra

Pink Faun Ultra PC

Tchernov USB

Power Conditioner: Shunyata Everest w/SSF Feet and Omega PC

Cables: Albedo Metamorphosis Signature and DDK Power Cables for everything but amps

Cable Elevators: Shunyata DF-SS

3 x Dedicated Circuits (10g) with Shunayta SR-Z1 Outlets w/ Shunyata Cable Cradle Wall Plates

2xEthernet Jacks (Amphenol Socapex - Model: RJFTV6A7SA1ZNF312)

Rack: Adona Reference, 2 x Custom Eric’s C3s and 2 x Zero GR1 Amp Stands

6 Likes

The other cables you see just laying to the rear of the speakers are Turnbull Speaker cables I was demoing as well.

The only real issue I see is the Cascade is the wrong color :eyes:

I hope you are enjoying it, beautiful collection and arrangement you have there. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Cheers!

1 Like

Yes, I’m with you on that. If I go this direction the Cascade will be black.

1 Like

We have a custom stealth all black version that would look V good. I bet we could color match those Vitus displays if you wanted to be really extra :joy:

How is the listening going or are you just getting started?

1 Like

Daniel,

It’s just installed today, so it’s still getting settled in. I’ll listen till around midnight today, and then probably 12 hours per day after that. It’s already broken in - my dealer has had it in his system …

I’m liking what I’m hearing so far. The sound is clearer/cleaner than with the Vitus DAC. This is much better than the Select 2 that I heard on my system before. The female vocals are just amazing. Real life, venue like experience.

My top of the line Albedo cables make it sound a little bright. So, we have two Turnbull all copper PCs and they brought the sound to its proper place. I’m going to look at some other cable choices for power cables. 21k each or so for one Turnbull PC is a little steep.

Any PCs anyone has that are working well please let me know.

2 Likes

The Cascade is beginning to settle in now. Tomorrow I’m going to do some track to track comparisons with our TechDAS AF One.

Sweet system! Those Vitus 103s (MKII?) are some of the best class a amps I have heard. I have demo’d the Turnbull speaker and ICs, not the PCs and was quite impressed with them, probably the best I have heard as well. I imagine the PCs are equally strong. You will love the Cascade as it settles. Congrats.

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for reaching out. Very much appreciated.

I began listening app 5 AM this morning and now taking a break until I begin another one at app 7 PM. The Cascade is about 90% or so of my TechDAS AF One. I cant believe it’s that close and on some tracks it out performs the TechDAS (esp on digitally recorded LPs).

This is by far is the best DAC I’ve heard - and I’ve listened to the dCS, CH, Ideon, Wadax Ref, etc. while I feel confident your reference model is even better, the Cascade is exceptional.

Thanks again for reaching out.

Sincerely,
Joe

2 Likes

Hi Joe,
I don’t know if Crystal Cable is something you can try. Their Infinity Limited Edition is around 25.000 euro (28.000 dollar), but lower on the ladder there are enough nice PC’s.

1 Like

Hi mcmt4,

Thanks for your comments.

We really enjoy the 103s. IMO they are one of the best in the world. The sound is amazing.

The Turnbull cables are excellent, some of the best I’ve heard as well. I need 5 PCs so 100k isn’t that appealing to me. But if necessary, I’ll bite the bullet and get them.

I really enjoy our Albedo mono-crystal cables. They are excellent as well, but make the Cascade sound bright. So, I need some copper cables (Jorma, Shunyata most likely, as they normally mix well with Vitus gear). But the Shunyata Omega (before they added the X factor) speaker cables sucked the music out of the music on my M3s. Horrible sound. But I think the Sigmas may do the trick… my dealer is bringing over more PCs next week.

I am using Ikigai Audio Kinzan powercords on my cascade… they are 9000€ for 1,5m probably around 10000$ for 5ft

1 Like

Thanks. First I’ve heard of those. I’ll check them out.

I had the same experience with Shunyata Omega (non X) cables. I recently discovered Zenwave cables and am in the process on completing my loom with this brand moving away from Stealth Audio and Tara Labs Zero EVO cables. I’m using Zenwave silver cabling within their line except for speaker cables where I chose copper. The Zenwave Kumihimo XLRs are about as good as the Turnbull XLRs for about half the price terminated with Furutech plugs which I very much like. Worth a look and David, owner of Zenwave, offers free demos and he pays shipping both ways, very low risk.

1 Like

Indeed, the Sentinel is leagues ahead of the Cascade! That says a lot about the Sentinel, as the Cascade is outstanding on its own merits. We are really happy with our product lineup right now. MSB is firing on all cylinders and we are just getting started!

2 Likes

Congratulations of your beautiful room and wonderful systems.

I’m using Cascade directly into Vitus SM-103 mkii. Do you ever compare this mode with through Vitus MP-L201 mkii? I’m wondering if the linestage is necessary?

2 Likes